123.HP.COM/ENVY SETUP SUPPORT
First time printer setup
Step1: Remove the contents of the package
- After receiving the shipment, place it on a flat and sturdy counter. Remove the package materials.
- The accessories present in the box includes the power cord, USB cable, Driver installation CD, User guide, and the ink cartridges.
- The printer is removed from the box and placed on the counter.
- Remove all the tapes present on the device.This is to stop the parts of the printer from moving around during the shipping.
Step2: Connect the power cord
- Connect the power cord. One end of this is connected to the rear of the printer and the other end is connected to the power socket on the wall.
- This connection is made directly without the interference of voltage stabilizer or an extension cord
- The printer will automatically turn on. On the Control Panel, the basic information such as the language or interface, locality, date and time zone are inputted.
Step3: In the input tray, load paper
- Extend the input and output tray. If you find tapes stuck on it, they have to be removed.
- Open the input tray and remove the tapes present on the paper width and paper length markers.
- These are then extended to their maximum capacity. A new bundle of genuine HP paper is then fanned and then placed in the input tray.
- Slide the markers such that they hold the paper tight but not too tight. Close the tray when done.
Step4: Install the ink cartridges
- Envy printers operate on two cartridge system. A black and a tri-color cartridge that contains Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.
- Remove the packaging of the cartridge. Open the cartridge access door and locate the carriage.
- Remove the protective tape present under the cartridge that keeps the contact points & printhead safe. Place the cartridge in its respective color slot & lock it in position using the cartridge latch.
Step5: Align the ink cartridges
- This step is done to prevent the cartridge from printing misaligned documents.
- Alignment is done on the scanner. Remove the protective sheet present on the scanner glass.
- Clean the glass and place the alignment sheet face front.
- Take care to ensure that the sheet is placed as per the alignment markings on the sides of the scanner glass.
- Click Ok and wait for the printer to align itself.
Step6: Install the driver software
- The driver software is the most important for operating printer as it functions as the connecting link between the printer & the computer.
- This can be downloaded from the link that is present in our website. Click on the link and in the windows that opens, enter your printer model and choose your computer’s operating system.
- After downloading, install the software by following the on-screen instructions. Choose the mode of network connectivity whilst doing so.
VIDEOS: Unboxing and Setting Up the HP Envy e-All-in-One Printer
Checking the HP Printer Status When a Printer Offline Message Displays in Windows
a-123hp.com website is an independent service provider aiming to solve technical issues related to 123 HP Printers. The brands, images, names, trademarks, and products are used for reference only. We do not assert any ownership, right to, affiliation with, endorsement by, or any such third parties unless stated.