How to install HP Deskjet 2060 Printer
Take the HP Deskjet 2060 printer out from the shipment box, remove all the packing materials, and then connect it to a power cord. Install the ink cartridges and load some plain paper in the input tray of your printer to set it up for the first time. Visit the 123.hp.com/deskjet 2060 setup site for any additional assistance on how to setup deskjet 2060 printer.
Unboxing and printer setup
- Take the HP Deskjet 2060 printer out from the shipment box.
- Detach all the tapes, stickers and other packing materials from theHP Deskjet printer.
- Lower the output paper tray and move to the inside the HP printer.
- Hold the handle of the tray firmly and lower the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- Now, remove all the tapes, stickers and packing materials from the insides.
- Make sure you take all the hardware components out from the shipment box.
- Discard or recycle the shipment box and the other packing materials, once all the components of your printer are removed from the package.
- Connect your HP Deskjet 2060 printer to a power source and turn it On.
- Do not plug the USB cable to your device right away.
- Establish the USB connection to your PC only during the software installation process.
- Plug in the power cable to your HP Deskjet printer and wall socket.
- Turn On your HP printer.
- The carriage in the printer moves to the center automatically.
- Wait for few minutes till your device gets idle and silent before you proceed to the next steps.
- Click here to call our technical team for more assistance on how to setup deskjet 2060 printer.
For more information click below call button
How to install ink cartridges
- Use only genuine HP ink cartridges that come with your printer in the shipment box.
- Take any one of the ink cartridges from the package and unpack it.
- Make sure that you touch only the black plastic coating on the ink cartridge.
- Peel off the plastic tapes on it.
- Be careful enough not to touch the copper-colored contacts or the nozzles on the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that the protective tapes on the contacts are not be replaced.
- Mishandling the parts of the ink cartridges can cause bad electrical connections, clogged nozzle, and other ink failure errors.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.
- Insert the ink cartridge into its respective slot.
- Push the ink cartridge gently into the slot until it clicks into position.
- Make sure that you install the colored ink cartridge on the left slot and the black on the right.
- Repeat the steps described above to install the other ink cartridge in the same manner.
- Now close the ink cartridge access door and the output tray of your printer.
How to load paper into the input tray
- After installing the ink cartridges, load some plain, white U.S. letter or A4 sized sheets into the input paper tray.
- Lift the input paper tray of your HP Deskjet 2060 printer.
- Move the paper width guide completely to the left side.
- Load plain, white sheets into the input tray.
- Slide the paper width guide on the tray all the way to the right until it hits the edge of the sheets.
- Lower the output paper tray and pull the tray extender.
HP Deskjet 2060 driver & manual download
Download the updated version of HP Deskjet 2060 printer driver and manual from the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 website. Install the printer driver and software on your computer or laptop, once the hardware is set up. Do not try connecting your HP printer to a PC unless the printing software recommends during the driver installation.
How to install the printer software
Make sure that your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup is connected with a wireless network or an active internet to install the printer software. Install the software on your computer or laptop once the downloading is complete. Go with the steps given below to install the driver and software on your computer or laptop.
- Use the installation CD that came with your HP Deskjet 2060 printer to install the software on your computer.
- The installation CD includes the driver and software for your Windows version.
- If not, download and install the updated version of full feature software from the 123.hp.com/deskjet 2060 setup site.
- Turn On your HP Deskjet printer.
- Unplug the USB cable from the HP printer.
- The HP software installation prompts you to connect the USB cable with your device, if necessary.
- Go to the HP Customer Support and click, Software and Driver Downloads.
- A ’Let's identify your product to get started’ page appears on the screen.
- Select Printer, enter your printer’s model number and then press Submit.
- Click Change to select any other operating system.
- Choose your OS version, and then press Change.
- Click on the Download button that is found below the Driver heading to obtain the full-featured driver and software package.
- Click on the Basic Drivers button for choosing any other suitable driver options.
Easy Wireless Setup for Deskjet 2060 for Mac and Windows OS
Restore the HP Deskjet 2060 printer’s wireless settings to factory defaults. Install the HP driver and software on your computer, and then set up your Deskjet printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network connection.
HP Deskjet 2060 wireless setup on Windows OS
Here is the step-by-step guideline for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup on Windows OS.
- Verify the installation requirements, power On your PC and router, and then set up your HP Deskjet 2060 printer.
- Begin the software installation by downloading and installing the HP full feature printer driver on your computer.
- The HP full-feature package consists of a wireless driver and an HP Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printing functions.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your HP Deskjet printer, if any.
- Go to the 123.hp.com/deskjet 2060 setup website and click Download to run the HP Easy Start app.
- Click My Printer Is Not Shown, when prompted to select your HP printer.
- A Printer Not Found screen pops up.
- Click Continue and select the Wireless network, if applicable.
- Click Continue again and follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the set up.
- In case if the download fails, go to the HP Customer Support and click Software and Driver Downloads.
- Select the Printer, enter your printer’s model number and then click Submit.
- Check if your Windows version is correct or not.
- Click on the Download button situated below the Driver-Product Installation Software for the full driver and software package.
- You can also select Basic Drivers for other driver options.
HP Deskjet 2060 wireless setup on Mac OS
Check the installation requirements before installing the printer software, and then connect your device to a wireless network. Turn On the PC and the router, and then set up your HP Deskjet 2060 printer. Reset or restore the default wireless settings on your HP Deskjet printer, so that the Wi-Fi network connection completes successfully.
- Go to the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 site and click Download.
- Open the HP Easy Start app and click Set Up My HP Product.
- Click on the Accept button displayed on the Terms and Conditions screen, and then tap Continue to proceed.
- Confirm that the power button’s light on the printer’s control panel is lit.
- If not, locate the power button of your HP Deskjet 2060 printer and press it to wake the device from sleep mode.
- A screen displays which lists your printer series and serial number as Ready to Connect.
- If not, repeat the above steps to restore the default wireless settings.
- Select your printer on the Connect screen and click Continue.
- The installation checks your network configuration.
- Your printer series and the SSID appears on the Connect screen with a Join button between them.
- Click Join to disconnect the PC from the wireless network temporarily, once the connection is set up.
- Choose the Allow option when the HP Easy Start app requests you to access the selected wireless network keychain on the Mac device.
- This access enables the application to retrieve the password for the wireless network and utilizes it to connect your HP Deskjet printer.
- The HP Easy Start app sets up your printer and connects it to the wireless network once the password is accepted.
- A check mark appears on the screen, click Continue to proceed further.
- Read and respond to all the setup instructions till an Install screen pops up.
- Select the HP Essential Software,HP Easy Scan, or any other additional software that you need to install on your HP printer; click Install.
- Press Continue once the selected software installs on your device successfully.
- Now, read and respond to all the setup instructions that pop up on the display until the Enable Printing screen appears.
- Select Add Printer to create a print queue.
- Choose the name of your printer on the Add window screen with the text Bonjour found below Kind.
- Click on the Use or Print Using box and choose your printer’s name from the pop-up menu.
- Click Add to add your printer to this list.
- Select the Print Test Page to confirm whether your printer was set up correctly.
- A test page prints, click Continue to proceed.
How to print documents
Before printing a document, make sure that you insert some plain, white paper into the input tray. Refer to the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 site for more information about loading papers.
To Print on both sides (duplexing)
- Tap Print from the software that you use and check whether your printer is selected.
- Click on the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
- The button that you click on will be Options, Preferences, Printer, Printer Properties, Properties, or Printer Setup.
- The displayed button depends on the software application that you use.
- Select the Two-sided Printing option on the Printing Shortcuts tab.
- Use the other tabs on the screen to change any print settings, if necessary.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/deskjet 2060 setup site to know more about the printing feature.
- Before changing the paper size, make sure that you have inserted the correct paper type into the input tray.
- Go with the instructions displayed on the screen to reload the paper once the first side is printed, then click Continue.
- Finally, click OK to print the other side.
How to print using HP Deskjet 2060
Change any print job settings, and print a document or photo using the HP Deskjet 2060.
- Go to the print window and change the print job settings for better printing results.
- Before printing a document, edit it to adjust the text size and font.
- Choose the Layout options, and then change any other appearance settings, if necessary.
- Click File or the Menu icon in the application that you have created the document.
- Tap Print to open the General Print settings.
- Click Preferences, Printer Properties, or Properties to access more layout, quality, and advanced print settings.
- A Document Properties or Printing Preferences window appears now.
- Change the layout and paper settings for your print job.
- Modify the quality and color settings for the best printing results.
- The Menu names and Available settings differ for each printer models.
- Finally, click OK and then tap Print to proceed.
HOW TO COPY AND SCAN DOCUMENTS
There is much software that helps you to make copies from the scanned text or image. The Windows Fax and Scan utility software allow you to scan a document or image from anywhere at any time. Before scanning a document or photo, make sure that the scanner is installed on your PC. Your scanner gets listed in the Devices section of the Devices and Printers Control Panel window. Use the Copy option on the printer’s control panel to make any number of copies from the scanned document or image.
- Load some plain, white papers into the input tray.
- View the 123.hp.com/deskjet 2060 setup page for more information on how to load a paper in the input tray.
- Choose a paper size to proceed with copying.
- Lift the input tray of your HP Deskjet 2060 printer.
- Move the paper-width guide completely to the left.
- Load papers into the input tray of your HP Deskjet printer, with the print-side facing upwards and the short edge downwards.
- Slide the papers down till it stops to the end.
- Move the paper-width guide all the way to the right side until it hits the edges of the sheets.
- Lower the output tray and pull the tray extender out.
- Insert the document with the print side facing downwards on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid of your printer.
- Press the Start Copy button, either Black or Color to make a copy.
- The document begins to copy within two seconds once you press the Last button.
- Pressing the button multiple times will increase the number of copies.
- See the 123.hp.com/setup DJ 2060 page for more information on loading a document on the scanner glass.
Make sure that you have installed the HP recommended printer driver and software before scanning a document to your PC. Confirm that your HP Deskjet 2060 printer and computer are turned On and connected. Follow the upcoming instructions to scan a document or image to the Windows computer.
- Load the document or photo that is about to be scanned with the print side facing downwards on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Double-click the printer icon on your system’s desktop.
- Choose the type of scan that you need to perform, and then click Scan.
- Select Save as PDF to save the document or image in a PDF format.
- Click Save as JPEG to save the photo or document in an image format.
- The primary screen enables you to review and modify the basic settings if required.
- Click on the More link at the top right corner of the Scan dialog box to review and modify any detailed settings.
- View the 123.hp.com/setup DJ 2060 site for more information on how to change the scan settings in Windows computer.
- Select the Show Viewer After Scan for making adjustments to the scanned image in the preview screen.
How to Update your printer
If an update is available, your HP Deskjet 2060 printer downloads and installs it automatically and restarts the device. Follow the instructions on the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 site to update your printer using the Printer’s control panel.
To Update the Printer using Printer Control Panel
There are different ways to update your HP Deskjet 2060 printer based on the operating system that you have. Go with the upcoming steps to update your printer using the Printer’s control panel.
- Open the printer’s control panel and enter Devices and Printers in the search box.
- Locate your HP printer on the displayed screen and select it.
- If a yellow exclamation mark displays, visit the 123.hp.com/setup DJ 2060 website for more information about the printer driver you need.
- Select Printer properties and click New driver.
- Search the drop-down menu for the driver you need to install, and then follow the Wizard to add your printer.
- Download a new driver and run the installer to finish the setup.
- Some printer models require a Reboot.
- Check your manual or contact our technical team for further assistance.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 website to know more on how to update your device using the printer’s control panel.
HP Deskjet 2060 WEB SERVICES
The HP Deskjet 2060 printer provides innovative, web-enabled solutions that assist you to access the internet quickly, get documents, and print them with fewer difficulties, without the use of a PC. Before using these web features, connect your HP Deskjet printer to a wireless internet connection. These web features cannot be used when your HP printer is connected through a USB cable.
How to setup web services
Before setting up the Web Services, make sure that your HP Deskjet 2060 printer is connected to the internet through a wireless network.
- Open the embedded web server (EWS) and click on the Web Services tab.
- Select Setup in the Web Services Settings section, and then click Continue.
- Carry out the instructions that are displayed on the screen to accept the terms and conditions of use.
- Click Allow the printer to check and install printer updates when prompted.
- If you are unable to get the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set it up.
- The printer prints an information page when it is connected to a server.
- Go with the instructions on the 123.hp.com/setup DJ 2060 information page to complete the setup.
Web Service using Embedded Web Server (EWS)
Use the Embedded web server (EWS) to see the status information when your HP Deskjet 2060 printer is connected through a network. Change the settings, and manage your printer from the PC.
You can also access and use the EWS without connecting your HP Deskjet printer to an Internet. But, some features may not be available. You will also require a password to see or modify certain settings. Follow the upcoming steps to open the Embedded web server through a network.
- Press the Wireless and Information button simultaneously to print the network configuration page.
- Find the host-name or IP address of your HP printer from the network configuration page.
- Enter the hostname or IP address assigned to your printer in a supported web browser on the PC.
HP Deskjet 2060 airprint services
The HP Deskjet 2060 AirPrint services is a mobile printing solution that supports Apple iOS of version 4.2 and newer mobile operating systems. Easily Print from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your HP Deskjet printer through a wireless network. Most of the HP printers launched before 2010 do not support the AirPrint services.
- Confirm that your printer and iOS device meet all the printing requirements that are necessary to print using an AirPrint service.
- Connect the iOS device and printer to a wireless network or an HP wireless (Wi-Fi) Direct.
- It is recommended to use HP wireless (Wi-Fi) Direct connection when you connect your printer to the PC with a USB cable.
- Print from any application on your iOS device which supports the AirPrint.
- Locate the power button of your HP Deskjet 2060 printer and press it to wake the device up from sleep mode.
- Open the document, photo, email, webpage or any other content that you need to print.
- Click on the Share icon and tap Print or the Print icon.
- Tap Select Printer on the Printer’s Options menu, and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Tap Options to modify any other settings.
- The Options menu might not appear if your printer prints only in black ink.
- Choose the number of copies to print, then tap Print.
- If you are using an HP wireless Direct, return to the Wi-Fi settings and connect your Apple iOS device to a network.
Troubleshooting your HP Deskjet 2060 Printer
Find and troubleshoot your HP Deskjet 2060 Printer’s issues such as paper jam, ink cartridge, network, wireless connection, and other paper quality errors. Go with the steps given below to resolve the same. Click to call on the toll-free number or visit the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 site for more information on troubleshooting your HP Deskjet Printer.
How to solve paper jam and feed issue in HP Deskjet 2060
The Paper jam error that occurs may be a real or false one. Sometimes, your printer may report a false paper jam even if there is no jammed paper. The upcoming steps apply for both real and false paper jams. Paper jams may happen at multiple areas of your HP Deskjet 2060 printer. If you cannot locate down the paper jam in one area, proceed to the next until you find it.
- Remove any paper or objects present inside the input tray of your HP Deskjet printer before removing it from other areas.
- Damages to your HP printer occurs when the input tray is not cleared properly.
- Your printer stops feeding pages, the Resume light blinks, and an E4 error appears on the screen during the print job.
- The error indicates that papers might be jammed inside your printer.
- Ensure that the carriage slides freely across the width of the printer.
- Disconnect the power cable while sliding the carriage to reset the paper feed mechanism without the risk of electrical shocks.
- Check the rollers and wheels for torn bits of paper that might present inside your printer.
- Clean the rollers with an automated tool if any bits of paper remains in your printer.
- Cleaning the ink smears help you to clear the paper jams and optimize the print quality.
- Dust, paper fiber, and other debris accumulate on the feed rollers which in turn may cause paper jams and feed issues.
- Clean the rollers inside your printer and then try printing again.
- Sometimes a false paper jam error will continue even if there are no jammed papers.
- Resetting your printer might clear the false paper jam error.
- It is recommended to connect the printer’s power cable to an electrical outlet directly without the use of an extension box.
- Service or replace your HP printer if none of the above steps work.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/setup deskjet 2060 website to check if your printer is still under warranty.
- Contact our tech support team to make a schedule for repair or replacement.
- Repair charges apply for out-of-warranty products.