About HP Officejet 3830 printer
Print, copy, scan and fax your documents or photos from anywhere using the HP Officejet 3830 all-in-one printer. Print directly from your smartphone or tablet with the Apple AirPrint application by connecting to a Wi-Fi network at home or office. Quickly get connected with an easy setup from your smartphone, tablet, or PC and start printing easily without accessing over a wireless network. The main functions of the HP 3830 color inkjet compact printer includes the wireless printing, copy, scan, and Airprint services. Never run out of HP 3830 ink any more, with the readily available Instant ink.
Print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint application. Use the Airprint services to print easily from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Print even without a network using the Wireless Direct printing features. Make use of the optional quiet mode which helps you to keep the noise made by your device to a minimal level. This ultra compact Officejet 3830 all-in-one printer is specially designed to fit in room, spot, or anywhere you need to place it. Choose an ink replenishment service to track the usage and have the ink delivered before it run out. The HP 3830 printer also contains a seven segment and LCD display for displaying the alphabets and numerals more clear.
Features of 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer
- Use the HP scroll scan for easy handling of most scanning jobs, from plain paper to stiff media.
- The HP Officejet 3830 printer supports various paper sizes from 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 inches which includes the letter, legal, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10 inches and number 10 envelopes.
- Start printing the first page in 14 seconds.
- Get connected quickly with the easy setup and start printing from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet directly to your HP 3830 printer and print easily without accessing to a wireless network.
- Print up to twice as many pages using the high-yield, original HP Officejet 3830 ink cartridges.
- Take in-charge of your print jobs and complete it in less time using the easy-to-use 2.2 inch display.
- Print, copy, scan, and fax any multipage documents quickly using the 35-page automatic document feeder (ADF).
- The high-speed USB 2.0 port provides a standard connection to your computer.
- The HP 3830 printer supports only USB, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct.
- The HP Officejet 3830 printer measures a dimension of 8.5 by 17.2 by 14.3 inches and weights up to 12.4 pounds.
- The 2.2-inch monochrome touch screen comprises the complete easy-to-use and responsive printer’s control panel.
How to setup HP Officejet 3830 printer
Go with the upcoming instructions that guide you on How to Setup Officejet 3830 Printer. After completing the 123.hp.com/oj3830 setup, connect the printer to a wireless network, and then install the drivers and software on your computer. Try printing or scanning a document or photo once you are done with HP Officejet 3830 Setup and installation.
Unboxing and printer setup
Follow the upcoming steps on unboxing and setup of Officejet 3830 printer for the first time.
- Lose the tapes and open the cardboard box.
- Take the user guide, USB cable, and power cord out from the shipment box.
- Read the basic setup instructions given on the manual for easy installation of 123.hp.com/officejet 3830 Setup.
- The Officejet 3830 Printer comes with an HP Instant card for ink cartridge replacement services.
- This card is not available for all the printers.
- HP strongly recommends you to use the power cord that is shipped with your printer.
- For best faxing experience, use the two-wired phone cable which is given with your printer.
- The package also contains an installation CD in it.
- You can also download the updated version of software and drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3830 or 123.hp.com/oj3830 setup.
- Take the ink cartridges carefully from the package.
- The replacement cartridges purchased from the store cannot be used for this printer setup.
- Take the printer out from the shipment box.
- Slowly drag the printer from the plastic bag and keep it in a suitable place.
- Remove all the visible blue tapes and other packing materials from both outside and inside of the printer
- Keep the box and other packing materials aside for recycling.
- Remove the twist tie from the power cord and plug it to the rear of the printer’s port.
- Connect another end of the power cord into the wall socket.
- Turn On the HP Officejet 3830 Setup and set the preferences on the control panel.
How to install ink cartridges
- Lift the access door of the ink cartridge and push it back.
- Take the ink cartridges out from the package and remove the plastic cover around it.
- To prevent potential clogs, ink failure, or bad electrical connections, do not touch the copper contacts or ink port of the cartridges.
- Initially, hold the cyan cartridge and insert it into the corresponding slot in the printer.
- Push in the cyan cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Next, install the magenta and yellow cartridges into its respective slots in the same manner.
- Finally, insert the black cartridge and close the access door.
- The 123.hp.com/setup 3830 prompts you to load the paper once all the ink cartridges are installed.
How to load paper into the input tray
- Pull the paper tray outwards and remove it from the printer.
- Load some unused, plain white paper into the input tray.
- It is recommended only to use A4 sized sheets to achieve high printing quality.
- Confirm that the sheets are not curled or damaged.
- Adjust the paper width and length guides.
- Touch OK on the printer’s control panel, and then tap Continue to initialize the device.
- The printer aligns the printhead and prints a test page automatically.
- Refer to the guidelines on the 123.hp.com/setup 3830 user manual for more details.
How to copy and scan documents
Go through the upcoming steps to copy, fax and scan a document using the 123.hp.com/officejet 3830 Setup.
How to copy double-sided on HP Officejet 3830
- Place the printed side facing upwards into the document holder, or downwards on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Click on the HP 3830 Copy from the Home Screen of your printer.
- Type the number of copies to be printed on the displayed screen.
- Also, click on 1:1 or 1:2 if you want the document to be one-sided or two-sided respectively.
- Click Settings to select the paper size, type, and quality, and then go back.
- Now, specify the color (Black or Color) in which you want your document to be copied.
How to update your printer
The HP manufacturers continually try to improve their devices and provide updates for software, drivers, and firmware periodically. Update the printer software on a regular basis to keep your HP printer running smoothly.
To Update the Printer using the Printer Control Panel
- Check the network and printer connection status and try connecting the printer to your network manually.
- Disable the firewall software from your computer temporarily and reset the print system through the printer driver.
- Restart the devices, uninstall the HP software and reinstall an updated version of it.
- Click Start button, type Device Manager, and then select it from the list of results.
- Expand a category to find the name of your device, right-click on it, and then select Update Driver.
- Select Search Automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows cannot find a new driver, look for an alternative option on the manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
HP Officejet 3830 web services
Turning On the Web Services allows your 123.hp.com/oj3830 setup to communicate securely over the Internet with web-connected printing services. The web services include the HP ePrint, cloud printing, and the HP Instant Ink delivery services.
How to setup web services
- Open the Web Service Manager.
- Select a scope and subfolder for the Web service, if required.
- Click on the Create New button.
- The Web Service Options window opens, displaying two pages.
- Click the General page.
- Assign general properties for the web service.
- Define the Service Type, Security Type, and web service call options.
- Now, click the Methods page.
- Choose a Web Service Method.
- Click on the Add button to add a Method.
- The Web Service Method window opens.
- Click the Accounts page.
- Define one or more Web Service Accounts.
- Finally, enter the required details and click OK twice to complete the HP Officejet 3830 Setup.
Web Service using Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Use an HP Embedded Web Server to manage your network-connected printer over an Internet browser.
- Obtain your printer’s IP address, and then type it in an Internet browser of a computer or mobile device to access the EWS.
- The IP address is the unique identification number assigned to your printer on the network.
- Make sure that your 123.hp.com/officejet 3830 Setup is connected to the same network as your computer or mobile device.
- On printers with a touchscreen or menu-based control panels, find the IP address in the Wireless menu or network settings.
- For printers without a control panel menu, print a network configuration page to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address into the Internet browser address line, and then press Enter to open the printer EWS.
- If a website security certificate displays, click Continue On the EWS, review the menu options to determine the features available for your printer.
HP Officejet 3830 ePrint services
- Turn On the computer and the printer.
- The Wireless printers such as 123.hp.com/officejet 3830 Setup displays an option to automatically connect over a wireless network without the need for a PC.
- Press Yes to connect.
- Enter the password, if required.
- An option of activating the web services appears on the control panel once the network is connected.
- Just press OK to enable the ePrint.
- Set up the email address of your printer.
- Select the services that you want to use.
- After selecting and setting up the email address, a manual on how to use ePrint tools and applications will be printed.
- This allows you to limit recipients, emails address and more for setup.
HP Officejet 3830 AirPrint services
- Before you begin, verify if your printer supports AirPrint or not.
- Make sure that the iOS device and your printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and they are within range.
- Follow the upcoming steps to print using the AirPrint services.
- Open the application from which you want to print.
- Tap the application’s Share icon to find the print option.
- Touch Reply icon or Share icon.
- Finally, tap printer icon or click Print to start the printing operation.
- Check the application's User Guide or Help section if you cannot find the print option.
- Not all apps will support AirPrint services.
- Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Define the number of copies and other options, such as which pages you want to print, and all.
- Finally, tap Print in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Fixing issues in HP officejet 3830 - Troubleshooting
Are you experiencing any issues with your HP printer? Call us and get new diagnostics solutions to fix your 123.hp.com/officejet 3830 Setup problems quickly and easily in a few minutes.
How to solve paper jam and feed issue
- If the paper has jammed inside the printer, follow the upcoming steps to clear it.
- Cancel the print job, if necessary.
- Clear any jammed paper from the rear paper feed slot.
- Lift the scanner unit.
- Remove any paper inside it, including the torn pieces.
- Now, close the scanner unit.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to clear any error messages.
- Check for the other paper jam solutions if you still see a paper jam message.
- If you have problems with feeding paper, try these solutions.
- If the paper does not feed for printing, remove it and reload the paper in the sheet feeder against right side and below the tab.
- Slide the guide against the edges of the paper; check that the stack does not exceed the arrow mark on the edge guide.
- Do not insert papers more than recommended.
- If an error occurs while printing on both sides of the paper, try to print by loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure that your paper meets the specifications of your printer.
- Follow the guidelines on 123.hp.com/officejet 3830 Setup for best results.
- Use new, smooth, high-quality papers that are not curled, creased, old, too thin, or thick.
- Load paper in the sheet feeder with the printable side facing upwards.
- Follow any special loading instructions given on the HP Officejet 3830 Setup guide that comes with the paper for more details.
Paper jam from the input tray
The following recommendations can help you to prevent reoccurring paper jams in your HP printer.
- Do not overfill the input tray of your printer.
- Remove any sheets that are already inside the input tray while loading new papers in it.
- Tap the bunch of new papers on a flat surface to align the edges, and then load it.
- Adjust the paper width and length guides carefully against the paper.
- Make sure that the input tray is secured in place.
- Do not add or remove any paper to or from the input tray while the device is printing.
- Do not fan the paper before loading.
- Fanning might cause static electricity, which makes the pages to stick together.
- Use only HP-recommended paper sizes and types.
- Do not open the cartridge access door during a print job.
- Confirm that the power cord is connected firmly to both the printer and the power supply.
- Do not print on a paper that is damaged or has foreign objects attached to it, such as staples or paper clips.
- Store the paper flat inside a moisture-proof wrapping in an environment that is not too humid or dry.